Locations

Monday, August 15, 2005

15. Aug - Vama Veche - the beach


View from the hotel, the highest building around

Waves - there is not that much wind, but the waves they are taking me.

As Josh said, now she knows why there are so many topless girls around, there is no point to wear tops - the first wave just undresses you. Some girls on the beach are funny, when sunbahting then wearing a top, but for swimming just getting rid of the disturbing top and going in the water :)

My first contact with the sea was good - the first wave just came and made me move, although I didn't plan, 5m back to the beach. No problem, lets call it a getting-to-know-wave.
Second one was a bigger one, so it meant that I was not just going back to the beach, but also being rolled, hit against the bottom and scratched my hand and back. Something new! :)

Anyway in the beach the dress code is: less is more. Whenevere I look around, there is at least one nude, around 20-30% girls are topless. And among Romanian girls it is really common to wear string bikinis.

So it turned out, that the day was really busy, had to rent the beach chairs and just to investigate around - as the waves were really big, we just needed to have our eye all the time on the beach, to make sure that nobody drowns. My Belgian friend (no names at this point :) ) had a huge book (u know one of these 2kg brick kind of books) in his lap... nice way to pretend of being seriously digged in reading. But, demn he made a fatal mistake, during the whole day he forgot to open the book... ;)