Locations

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Kuala Lumpur

The reason I finished up in the capital of Malaysia was that there was no direct way from Borneo island to Cambodia, even if on the map they are not that far from each other.
One of the so called must do things in Kuala Lumpur is to go on top of the famous Petronas Twin Towers. Actually not even the top of it but somewhere in the middle there is the sky walk bridge. Well, this is what I didn't do.

Actually I even didn't plan to go hanging around there. But finally I am clad that I still went to walk around there in the evening. They looked rather impressive from underneath, though as they are conic they don't look very high (even if they are almost half a kilometer tall)

After almost a month in Borneo island - poorest region of Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur with its toll highways, skyscrapers etc felt a bit too busy... well then I still hadn't any idea about Phonm Penh, capital of Cambodia :)


IMG_4334
Memorial sites, skyscrapers, fountains. Not many of them on Borneo island




IMG_4356
White in white




IMG_4385
Silhouette of Kuala Lumpur




IMG_4387
Petronas Twin Towers

No comments:

Post a Comment