Locations

Monday, November 17, 2008

Around Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville

My tour in the the country famous for its temples started getting to know them around Phnom Penh.

IMG_4463
Phnom Chisor with a view to the rice fields



IMG_4484
I happened to be around when monks had their lunch. The thing what I cannot figure out is that all their food should come from begging. Usually they get plain rice.
But these monks there were having a very luxurious lunch.




IMG_4502
First proposal! At Tonle Baty



IMG_4515
Small bungalows for rent. Tonle Baty




IMG_4539
Sunset dinner
Sihanoukville is the only sea resort in Cambodia. Crowded with western tourists, hard to find a moment when nobody is trying to sell you something.




IMG_4542
Private beach. After a 15 minute walk from the busy main beach I finished up in this lovely spot where I managed to be half a day almost alone. Only the security guy from local guesthouse, one boy fishing and me. Perfect spot.





IMG_4545
So far I have always valued to get the experience by having a food where also local people have it. So during the lunch time I headed to Sihanoukville main market. Have to admit there is still space for some development, didn't dare to eat there.





IMG_4558
Still holding together

No comments:

Post a Comment