Locations

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Welcome to Cambodia

Well here Phnom Penh, capital of Cambodia, got me. Definitely it didn't leave me untouched.

For example traffic is really happening everywhere, I think number plates are not really needed in Cambodia. I haven't seen that many Lexus cars anywhere else, often these ones didn't have number plates, but almost always they had "Lexus" written with big shiny letters on both sides of the vehicle.
As the traffic was happening everywhere and in all directions at the same time, I noticed only on the second day that in Cambodia the traffic is back on the "correct" side of the road and the driver is sitting in the "correct" side of the car. Last time I saw traffic in this side was 2007 during the Christmas.

IMG_4410
Litter bin made of old tyres, very environmental friendly approach





IMG_4421
But not that much litter finishes up in the bin. Just another street in the center of the town.



IMG_4419
Petrol station



IMG_4440
My tuk-tuk

No comments:

Post a Comment