Locations

Thursday, December 11, 2008

3 day moto trip around Sihanoukville and Kep in Cambodia

(This post is posted already from Estonia even though you can see the pictures from Cambodia)

IMG_4594
At one moment I got enough of beach life and rented a moto to drive around, it turned out to be a 3 day trip that took me almost to Vietnam border. Lunch on the way. Food stall in a tiny village in the middle of rice fields. I was almost left without food, as my international language - pointing with finger to my belly and then pointing my mouth, were not known signs. The lady smiled and said just no. I think she thought I wanted a menu or something like this. But I was there to have their daily dish - rice, pork sauce, spices - and this of course they had.




IMG_4627
Fishing on the rice field. The boy is walking in the channel and had some net and a basket.





IMG_4578
Sunset in Kep.




IMG_4635
Nāga - the ruler and protector of Mekong river. Nāga turned out to be one of my favorite Khmer architecture elements.



IMG_4641
Hotel in Kep - old resort town of Cambodia. During the Khmer Rough times (1975-79) most of the houses got damaged. Today Kep is full of ghost villas with bullet holes in walls, no roofs, no doors, no windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment